Monday, December 7, 2009

Weekend Recap

Caroline went along with deer-hunting Gary to Grandma and Grandpa Gill's for the weekend. She had a day of shopping with Grandma and Aunt Karen and I think it was successful since she came home as a head-to-toe pink cheetah with some hair with style. And check out that smile! She wouldn't take a bath this morning since she wanted to make her hair last awhile longer. This is today's version.

And Gary's weekend seemed to be successful, too, if you view this as something yummy and delicious. These kids are relieved that they won't go starving afterall this winter. Scooter dove right into all the Scooter Snack Treats, i.e. leg bones and meat scraps. Those alone about filled up the freezer.



The boys and I stayed home over the weekend. It really doesn't bother me to be here alone while Gary's gone, but Saturday night we were in the basement and not only have I discovered I have a four-legged friend roaming around in my stamping area,

(and did you know I have Musophobia -- a fear of mice? By the way, Murophobia encompasses both mice and rats but I'm not that concerned with rats so I'll stick with just the Musophobia),

I heard a strange noise coming from the main floor. It seemed almost like someone was walking on the floor above. I actually thought someone was in the house and told Jack to come up the stairs with me. Here we go again, Mother of the Year, only thinking of the kids' safety, right? We came upstairs and I looked around and nothing. The front and garage doors were locked and even though the back door wasn't locked, no one could get into the backyard without the HoundBeast letting all of Glen Carbon know. That dog is loud. So we carried on with our fun/work in the basement and there was nothing more. Until the next morning....

Turns out all the racket I heard was HoundBeast Scooter deciding to snack on the screen at the back door. He had gotten it out of its track even and ate through some of the screen. So now it is inside the house as you see here. You can't really see the holes from this picture, but there's at least 14 tears and one is about three inches long.
Dang dog, I swear!!

Here're some of the handmade cards I worked on this weekend.




And the new kitchen tiles....I didn't work on it since I am about as brave to start the grouting myself as handling a mousetrap myself, but here's the status of our kitchen back splash. The tiles are all up and sealed and just waiting for the SlateGray grout. One of these days when there's not deer calling Gary's name, we'll get 'r done.
I love em already.


And now it is Monday and the kids are off to school and Sam is hanging with Josh until their afternoon preschool class starts.



A little funny to tack on...
Since Thanksgiving, Sam has been asking if it is Christmas yet. "No, no, a few more weeks."
Well, last week he noticed all the decorated houses in our neighborhood. We have nothing out. I just got rid of the fall pumpkins a day ago! So, noticing all the other houses, he says in a little, sad voice, "Mom, I think we missed Christmas."
So on the schedule for this week:
Get a tree!

Let Christmas begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment