Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Highlight of a Spring Break

 

april 11 008

Really, the only notable thing we did while the kids were off from school all last week was a quick trip to the zoo.  Gary left work a little early that afternoon and met us there which made it much more fun.  We only had an hour and a half to cover the place so we had to move fast. 

The older boys have been there so many times that they didn’t even want to go andapril 11 014 had to be forced.  The two youngest still get so excited and I love it.   

 april 11 016 april 11 017 april 11 024

This is the grizzly Gary was howling to.  I wouldn’t recommend it myself.   

april 11 025  april 11 030 april 11 031

Can I tell you, the primates this day were showing the worst manners!  Every one we walked up to look at was doing something way inappropriate.  Usually I marvel at how human they seem and it’s usually my favorite part, but this day they were just being too, too gross.   I’ll spare you; no pics of that.

april 11 032april 11 026

Should I go along with getting a haircut and make my mom happy or should I not go along with a haircut and make my mom unhappy? Hmmmm….

 april 11 038

Here you can see Sam’s new watch.  It’s pretty massive.april 11 041

This may have to be our Christmas card picture.  I finally have one with all four kids and no one is being too goofy. 

And this one is pretty good of us, but Jack’s not in because he was taking it. 

april 11 045 april 11 054

Caroline’s definitely in her cartwheel phase these days.  Everywhere we go. 

All Sam wanted to see was an elephant.  We saved that for last and once we finally got over there, there were no elephants to be found out in their River’s Edge habitat area.  Not one, but he did see this fountain as we were leaving. 

You can see it wasn’t thrilling him. 

april 11 049  

I think we’d better plan another zoo trip.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't want this to sound like our Easter weekend with our family wasn't a highlight. 'Cause it definitely was!, especially since it had been so long since we had a good old weekend together like that. I just meant during the weekdays of the kids' Spring Break. Bor-ing.

    ReplyDelete