Friday, August 16, 2013

And another thing….

I just took Grant to the bus stop.  Two other junior high boys were standing there so he just wanted me to go on and not have to be with his mommy. 

I understand that. 

But as I left him, I felt weird.  He’s now a really big kid, but I couldn’t help but worry what if some crazy person ever tried to harm him.  And then I told myself he looks pretty darn intimidating for a thirteen year old.  But still that wasn’t enough.  I swear, Moms never stop worrying. 

And then I saw it.  One of our big small town police cars heading down the street.  Not in any fast pursuit, just passing through.  I waved him over and gave him a big smile and told him my name and that’d we’d just moved in and how much I appreciated the job he was doing.  He said that’s what they do in the mornings as kids are headed off to school:  they cruise around the schools and the bus stops and neighborhood streets.  

I just love this town.

No comments:

Post a Comment