Monday, October 6, 2014

Waaaaaaaah, nasty virus

We were recently victim to a really awful computer virus, a Trojan either called the ransom virus or considered one. I don't know much about these things, but I do know what a stripping effect this one has had. I can no longer do blog entries from our PC, can no longer access our personal pictures, can no longer access files. They, whoever it is, claims if we pay a ransom, they will then restore our lost stuff, precious stuff that now is encrypted and completely inaccessible. But no guarantees there; they are criminals to do this so I would never trust that after paying it, they would 'do the right thing' and restore it all back.

I am kicking myself for not doing a backup to the external hard drive since I last did. I don't even know how long ago it was, but way too long. So anywho, I have some pics here on my phone and think I'll just do a big run of various pics that I enjoy so they are never lost.
Two of which are of us girls at the airport this summer  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment