Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Day#77

Tuesday and Thursday are my yoga days. I love yoga and am so grateful I have been able to practice for a year and a half in a class that feels like just what I need. It seems like I have made some great progress in flexibility, strength, and relaxation.

But there is this one situation that is bugging me and I can't let it go. We are usually in a large oval formation in class and I am kinda in between a threesome of older ladies that are obviously friends and are lighthearted, and another older lady that is self-proclaimed 'from the East Coast' and in my impression is what you might call no nonsense.

Twice the EC gal has had some questionable behavior and it really kinda affects my day as silly as it seems. The friends group is usually laughing and chit chatting some at the start of class and takes a minute to wind down and get quiet. The EC gal actually said one day in a really nasty tone of voice, "Just. shut. up." Not to where the talky girls would hear but I definitely did. I felt it was very rude, but thought maybe she was having a rough day and tried not to judge her too much. Yoga, at least from what I've gathered, is supposed to be about the heart and soul, and respect, gratitude, and honor.

But then again this week, EC was nasty again. We were working with straps at the suggestion of one of the talky girls, which is probably where the attitude originated, and as the teacher with the kindest, most gentle voice in the world was explaining how to do it, EC said, "How am I supposed to do that? This is ridiculous!" and she threw down the strap and laid on her back. She might as well been a three year old having a tantrum, I couldn't believe she acted like that.

I have ignored her both times, but next time if she pulls something, I think I will glare at her which should really be a message because I keep my eyes closed for the whole hour mostly. I just want to tell my friends, my kids, anyone around me, please do not let me ever think I can act like that no matter how cranky I might feel.

1 comment:

  1. I don't even think you could role-play "cranky" if you tried! Go ahead and give EC the stink-eye, and everyone should move their mats away from her. Hard to get in a zen-zone when there's a nasty attitude in the room.

    ReplyDelete