Monday, October 19, 2015

Day#328

Ross texted, asking if I'd be interested in having Swedish meatballs on Sunday and I was all 'oh yeah!'' because I took that as 'are you interested in going to the newly opened Ikea on Sunday?'  But then when he said 'ok, I'll bring then over' I realized my assumption was wrong. And how disappointing! But I shouldn't have felt that because it turned out to be awesome.

He had bought all the groceries before hand and came over to cook and it felt like Thanksgiving. We had quite a spread with two kinds of noodles, glazed carrots, streaked broccoli, mashed potatoes, chocolate cupcakes, and actual Ikea gravy/sauce and lingonberries to go with our two kinds of meatballs. The number of servings of the gravy/sauce was 18 so suffice it to say there were leftovers. Only Sam and Caroline were home so we had way much food. Eventually Gary and Grant came in and Ross had five take-home meals for the week so none went wasted.

Photo by Sam. He tried  : )

1 comment: