Thursday, April 7, 2016

Ouchie

One morning recently, I woke up with a hot, red, swollen knee and could barely walk.  I got into the doctor that same day and after an xray and mri, was diagnosed with prepatellar bursitis, which is inflammation of the fluid sac between the kneecap and skin. The doctor asked if I installed floors. Nope, I barely even clean them, ha.  The next day I had it aspirated and injected with cortisone.  I thought it would be an instantaneous relief but unfortunately it was not. About two days later though I was up and finally walking.  I had a similar experience before but it was a gradual build up of soreness and swelling and resolved on its own where this time it was immediate and severe. Opposite knee though.

(I don't know how to link using my phone)
http://gills-a-gogo.blogspot.com/2009/12/not-bees-knees.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment