Monday, October 31, 2016

Grandpa Harrell

I saw this picture for the first time recently and was shocked to find out it was my grandpa Burl Harrell as an infant.  He died in 1970 so I was just a little thing and have only a couple memories of him. I of course only knew him as an old man so to invasive him as a baby had never entered my mind.

Very visible capillaries on his full cheeks is one of my main memories, I guess because of him holding me up high right there at his face when I was 2 to 3 years  old. In my own mind, I called them turkey cheeks, I think because they were almost like a dot-to-dot picture and that's what I saw. 

I was happy to see this picture at my Aunt JoAnn's. She told me it had been damaged over the years and she had it restored.  Something in that process went a little weird in the fingers. He didn't have any extra in real life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment