Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Very Valentine MusicTuesday

Hey, hi!  Today is Valentine’s Day.  I just answered a trivia question on a website with the hopes of winning a $10 gift certif to our local candy store.  Wouldn’t that would just rock?  I would take the kids and say, “Ok, kids, go nuts!  You each have $2.50!  Go find your candy!”

Well, that would be over fast.

Or I could choose $10 of chocolates for me.  And I’d share them with Gary.  If he’d eat them. 

Mostly I entered, though, because it was a fun question:

What song did Lloyd Dobler, played by John Cusack, play for DIANE from his boom box in the movie Say Anything?

I have loved this song for a long time. 

Speaking of trivia:  I have also read that while they filmed the movie Say Anything (1989), In Your Eyes was not the song actually playing from the boom box.  John, a fan--see his t shirt?, played a Fishbone song.  Director Cameron Crowe dubbed the Peter Gabriel song in later, and that was the perfect song choice.

cusacks Which btw, I saw Fishbone open for the Beastie Boys in 1987 at the fishboneCheckerdome in St Louis.  And they were in town last year at the City Museum and I wanted to go see them again, for old times sake.   Whoa, that was 24 years ago.  I’m thinkin that does constitute old times!

Love to all on this lovey day!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the song... listening to it now, and I love it! Makes a gray day much better!

    ReplyDelete