Sunday, May 3, 2015

Day#162

Our friends are moving soon so we went over to their house for a bit this weekend. They wanted to give us an old trunk that they aren't able to take to their new house in Oklahoma. While in their basement, I noticed Gary standing right beneath this sign which made me crack up and I had to take a picture. This sign is actually from the train depot of Unadilla, New York, the hometown of our friend, while our funny memory involves Unadilla, Georgia. Just the name Unadilla itself is pretty funny, right?

Once on a drive to Florida on a really hot summer day, I think we just had Jack and Grant at that time, we stopped at the Unadilla combination gas station/Dairy Queen and noticed some local fellas ahead of us getting some ice cream, too. They looked a little greasy and definitely hairy. They had on sleeveless t-shirts and big bellies that just completed the image. And they were into their ice cream.  Not to sound judge-y, however, because I know several people, self included, that gets into their ice cream.  Ever see George Costanza eat a sundae?! (If not, google 'YouTube Seinfeld George eating ice cream') One of my favorites because somehow sadly, I can totally relate.

Anyway, I musta been well satisfied after the DQ because Gary had to wake me up just a few miles down the road to see this sight, the same three guys sitting along the road broke down, that part not funny I know, but they were sitting in a line on their truck tailgate with their too small redneck shirts pulled up above their bellies and still getting all into their big DQ blizzards. So, that's the mental image I associate with when hearing the name Unadilla.

No comments:

Post a Comment