Monday, July 20, 2009

Mama Missing Some Someones

by Diane


Today I am missing my two boy-os. This one, so sweet and smiley,


and this one, so stern and serious. The ones in charge of p--p duty. Man, I miss 'em.





This is all the new news of what they have been missing while they are gone on their getaway-and-get-spoiled grandparents' stay....



ALERT!! ALERT!! ALERT!!


Sam is not wearing his muscle shirt lately. Glad he doesn't observe No Undie Sunday. Or No Undie Monday, for that matter.













Scooter looks at all the trampoline nonsense going on and asks us What the...?













The tiling is go-go-going slowly.






Gary had a case of the dropsy** all weekend, justifyably I guess, having to be all Boeing-y all week long. This is with the 80's wallpaper removed--woo-hoo!:







and this is with the first row of tiles lined up. The upper rows will be on the diagonal with lots of wet saw cutting required. Darn, says Gary.









The bottom row is actually glued on now, but that's about all the progress made over the whole weekend. I could tell this a.m. when I came downstairs, oh no! it is going to make the kitchen darker. But I love the rugged natural slate and hope that my sunny attitude of having a backsplash once again will light up the whole kitchen. So, when you look to the West and see a glow over Glen Carbon, that's Diane beaming about her kitchen. When it's finished. Oh, someday, someday!









**I don't think I have ever uttered the phrase a case of the dropsy outloud in my life but lately all these things I grew up hearing are popping out of me. Anybody else heard of dropsy as: not feeling like doing much, no energy? Or am I the weirdest on Earth?

No comments:

Post a Comment