Thursday, February 11, 2010

Two (not) birds, one stone (ice chunk)

 

Yes, I know it must seem like there is a Gr-focus on this site, but it’s not intentional. It’s just that he’s the one that seems to provide me with all my material.  Here’re two nuggets for you that totally cracked me up and maybe will give you a smile. 

Scene 1.   The other day, headed out the door for school. 

Me:  Gr, did you see that dead bird?

Gr:  Where? (practically stepping on it)

Me:  Right there!  Look down.

Gr:  That’s not a bird.

Me:  Why don’t you think it’s a bird? (Admittedly, it was in pieces but they were obviously bird pieces.  Thank you, some generous neighborhood cat?)

Gr:  No, it’s just some animal with feathers.

Me:  Um… Gr, so what animal has feathers?

Jan '10 014

(Sorry for the unappetizing visual but I just had to share how bird-like it truly was.) 

-------------------

Scene 2.  Today, minutes ago as we are standing at the bus stop, me shivering in the 12 degree air with really painful tingles all over my exposed face from the wind.  Gr is sliding around on the ice, cracking it for thrills.

Gr:  Mom, you are so lucky that you can stay out here as long as you want and crunch up the ice today. 

Yep, that’s what I was thinking would be a great day of fun.

Everybody, keep warm!!

No comments:

Post a Comment