Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentine’s Day

is kinda like Christmas for us.  It started a week ago when the kids received Valentines and gift cards from Aunt Deb and it’s kept on going through today.  

feb '10 003 feb '10 004 feb '10 002feb '10 005  feb '10 007 G’s smiling ‘cause he didn’t have to pay for the McDonald’s meal, and D’s smiling because that’s one less meal to cook. 

Everybody wins!  Thanks, Deb!   feb '10 010See?

Happy kids!

 

feb '10 017 This week we made Valentines for the kids’ parties. Here’s CGirl’s mailboxes holding two Hershey nuggets.  We made a bunch of those.   

feb '10 020feb '10 021 feb '10 023 Here’re Gr’s.  These held two Hershey kisses and we made 20-some of these, also. 

feb '10 029 SBaby’s for preschool were store-bought Lego Valentines with suckers glued on.  Gotta say those went together the fastest and were the cheapest! But I wanted each kid chose their own style, so they picked what they wanted to give.  There were only two other homemade Valentines in the whole bunch they brought home from their exchanges.feb '10 034

Other miscellaneous events this week:

  • The actual Science Fair
  • Kitchen outlets and covers replaced.  Pretty?

feb '10 031 feb '10 044 feb '10 053

  • Current state/arrangement of the living room, just thrown in there for no good reason.

Today, G and I watched a movie together at 7 a.m., How to Lose Friends and Alienate People (my review: not that great) and then he gave me my Valentine present, a new clock radio iPod dock, just what I wanted.  I was getting a little tired of having to stand in the bathroom to get clear reception from the radio while lying in bed.  Yep.  Try it. 

Oh, and a bag of chocolates, thus, I am very happy today.

 feb '10 049

My gifts to my sweetheart:  a new accessory to wear (I’ll get back with you on just how that goes over) and I have bbq ribs in the oven as we speak.  Caroline made this lovely strawberry and Skittles cake for the family.  The Hello biscuits are long gone.  Maybe they should they be Bye-bye biscuits?

feb '10 046 

feb '10 050 Gr brought this huge heart balloon home from his friend Chris’ house along with a heart tin of Hershey kisses.  This would be the same gift giver that, over the course of our kids’ friendship, has given me an Amy Grant cd, a bag of oranges and Asian pears, flashy blingy necklace with earrings, my winter hat to cover up my “teenager hairdo”, and let’s don’t forget the flip-flops and tank top for G on Fathers’ Day.  So that we have this floating  3 feet tall balloon in our house is no surprise.  It is in the laundry area in order to minimize the hassle. 

Gr: “DO NOT touch the balloon!”

Balloon got sent to the laundry area after I had heard this same statement yelled 20 times.

Here are our Valentines on display.  The kids say thank you, Grandma and Grandpa!

feb '10 051 

Boys did some wii’ing today.  Gr has been enjoying some of his Val-Day candy as you might notice by the blue mouth and SBaby has designed his own take on the straitjacket.  And yes, J actually let his face be seen in a picture.  Happy day. 

feb '10 064 feb '10 068 feb '10 065

This mystery note showed up today. 

From Cuped. Who brought chotlet. 

Gr asks a very good question:  If it’s really from Cupid, why did he misspell his own name?

 

feb '10 069 My gifts to the kids are yet to be opened.  I can opener-ed the bottoms, replaced the fruit with a $5 Target gift coin, and then glued the bottoms back on so it appears they are regular pull-top cans of fruit.  I think they’ll like the surprise.  And then they’re going to get some new clothes.  Not so likeable, I’m sure.

feb '10 071

Happy V-day to all those we love!

Today I'm asking
If you'll be mine.
Please say yes,
Be my Valentine.

2 comments:

  1. It looks as though this was the best Valentine's Day ever! I love to see everyone smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" - I liked the book and the DVD is in my Netflix queue. I'll let you know what I think.

    ReplyDelete