Friday, August 6, 2010

It’s a Zoo Around Here

 

Well, not really, but from going from zero pets just over two years ago, to acquiring the horse/dog known as Scooter, to adding in Bob-then-Bruce-but-she-spells-it-Browse cat, and now throwing Bob-then-Bruce’s brother (new) Bob into the mix this week, it feels like a bit much. 

aug 10 011

Here, Grant tried to put Scooter’s new collar on him without unbuckling it.   It’s like an old Hilary Clinton headband, holding back the poor dog’s ears.  Scooter was trying to get the dern thing either off or on. 

Get a load of those ears in motion…   

aug 10 010

while we stood around and laughed.

I will say Scooter puts up with quite a bit.  Then again, I put up with him.

So, Scooter and Bruce (yes, he was first known as Bob but then Ms. I-am-Seven-Years-Old decided he needed to be named Bruce) get along famously.  Really, they like each other.  We got up the other morning to witness this little love affair going on. 

aug 10 004

 aug 10 008

(Sorry—this one was taken through the screen so we didn’t interrupt the kissy moment)

Things were nice, minus the fact there are animals perched on my picnic table. 

Then we brought home (new) Bob last Sunday night.  The new cat took the old cat’s name, and actually, when I say “old”, they are the exact same age, littermates in fact, from my mom and dad’s. 

It was funny when they were reintroduced.  I can just imagine that (new) Bob probably was so relieved to find out what had happened to his missing brother, the one that hopped a ride under the Gill mini van and never came back.  Wonder if (new) Bob wanted to rub it in that he got to ride inside the van instead of clawing the axle for 100 miles?

So, here they are getting reacquainted after about a month apart. 

aug 10 040

(New) Bob has one all-white leg and that’s how I can tell them apart.

aug 10 036

aug 10 057

Caroline HAD to tell someone about her newest cat.  Hi, Aunt Karen!

aug 10 043

aug 10 048 - Copy

La-la, la-la, la, just gonna walk over to join my brother eating.

aug 10 049

Oh!, he says, as (new) Bob notices the big beast Scooter watching him.  (New) Bob is only used to the tiny Shih Tzu that comes over to my folks’ house. 

People, I need to go back home NOW.

aug 10 053

aug 10 054

St. Louis Arch?

Bruce says, Oh, relax.  He’s nothing to worry about.  He’s my boyfriend.

aug 10 044

Scooter says, I just want to meet you new cat and I’m confused…just what is your name? 

Unfortunately, the next morning Scooter and the (new) Bob met face to face in a corner on the deck and it ended with my Superman strength kicking in when I walked out to find a bloody Scooter on top of a screeching, terrified cat.  I was yelling at Scooter and pulled him off, about to kill him myself until I realized all that blood was coming from all the scratches on Scooter’s jowls and kitty Bob was untouched. 

I just wish soon they’re all kissy in the morning. 

1 comment: