Thursday, December 23, 2010

Sam’s Story

 

He came home from school telling me he was tired of having to tell everyone all about his cut on his eye, so, here,  I’ll do the talking.

sam icy fall 004

This was how he looked the morning after last Thursday night when he fell on our icy driveway and got a fast trip to the ER.  They cleaned it and closed with with glue and can this mom just say “Yea, glue, I LOVE no stitches!!”sam icy fall 005 

And while I am not happy it happened to one of my kids, I am glad I was not sitting in that packed ER with an adult.  There was an entirely-packed waiting room of adults, but only one pediatric case ahead of Sam, so we were in and out relatively quickly. 

They told us we were case number 114 for the day (little, community hospital) and they told us 109 had been ice-related.  It was some bad, bad ice.

-----------------------------------------------

This is from Day 4 and he’s starting to sport that yellow eye shadow look.  It doesn’t bother him at all and he was so excited to tell me the glue doesn’t come off even in water. 

I don’t really want to know how he knows this. 

Not from checking WebMD, I’m sure.

dec 10 009  dec 10 011 

No black eye and barely any tears from the whole ordeal, even though it was a long and gaping, wide split.    For such a tiny, let me tell you, he is tough. 

-------------------------------------------------------

And here he is at approaching one week, Day 6.  This is what he chose to wear to school yesterday.     dec 10 006  Looking good, Sam! 

2 comments:

  1. What a sweetie! Can't wait to see you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Can't wait to see all of you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete