Monday, March 5, 2012

For Today 3/5/12


Outside my window... it is sunny and a clear blue sky and I see two Simpsons’ clouds.  Bea-u-ti-ful.  Only thirty degrees though.

I am thinking... about our new addition non-stop.  What kind of tiles, what paint colors, the flooring choices; my mind won’t drop it until I have thought through everything.

I am thankful... for the time Gary and I have had together lately.  We worked together out in the wood yesterday and then had a date night last night. Lots of together which is a very good thing and we try not to let it be a rarity. 

In the kitchen... it is a mess.  Dishes on the counter, the griddle half in, half out of the sink, recycling piled up.  But the sun is beaming through the window making the milk jug glow so it kinda looks nice.

I am wearing... my favorite pj pants that are blue with pink tigers on them and an old pink Glen Carbon Miners t-shirt.  I just realized it has a tiger on it so it’s kinda like a pj set.  Miner Tigers-- isn’t that the weirdest school mascot?

I am creating... this list as a cheater.  I saw it on another blog and decided to lift it.  I want to get back to posting but needed a quicker, easy way and all these prompts make it simple.  Maybe I’ll use this for a once a week post.

I am going... to take two of the kids to their orthodontist appointments today.  That makes three of four children in or on the track to braces.  I hope, hope Sam can dodge the too many teeth for a small mouth bullet.  He’s our last hope.

I am wondering... if the kids will appreciate us making sure they have nicely formed smiles.  Giving them siblings and straight teeth and means to go to college are/were my top three parental priorities.  At least one of those was really, really fun.  Well, except for the part of birthing the 10+ pound one.

I am reading... nothing right now.  I just finished The Secret Holocaust Diaries and oh, it made me so sad and got me mad and I am not ready to start another book right now.

I am hoping... Caroline is not getting sick.

I am looking forward to... getting our new added-on house. More room. Can’t wait.

I am learning... a little about (whisper voice) menopause.  Let’s just say I’ve had some questions and looked a few things up lately.  Is it just me or is it hot in here?

Around the house... the kids are taking it easy.  Today’s a day off school.  We celebrate the spirit of Casmir Pulaski by lying around. 

I am asking myself… if everyone knows what a Simpson cloud is.  Here:

simpsons      simpsons3simpsons2

I am listening to….  the movie Arachnophobia in the background.  Grant’s watching it.  Hope that’s not a mistake.

A favorite quote for today... “I am not into quotes.”  - Diane Gill

One of my favorite things... is the show Project Runway.

A few plans for the rest of the week... is the usual:  Tues. get groceries, Wed. school library volunteer, Thurs. school library volunteer, Fri. AR volunteer and Zumba in the a.m.  Then sometimes I totally treat myself and veg on Friday afternoons and that means I sit alone and watch what TV shows I’ve dvr’d in the week.

A recent pic.... 2012-03-05 miner tiger
That’s it for today!

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs are still fun, even with a pirated list format!!!

    ReplyDelete