Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My Explanation

 

So, I thought that now we have somewhat decent Internet, I’d be posting all kinds of funny stories and memories and picture series, and yeah… I haven’t.  A few shots and a couple of lines typed on my phone and that’s been it lately.

And you know why?  Here’s just some sample excerpts taken between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. this morning so you see, it’s stuff like this:

Mom, I need a costume this week like a colonial farmer would wear in 1810. 

Mom, when were overalls even invented? 

No, Mom, it needs to be something else.

Mom, we *need* to have french fries with our chicken patties for supper.

Mom, we’re out of bread. 

Mom, my wrist hurts and I can’t do cartwheels!

Mom, can you wrap my wrist? 

Mom, watch me!!

Mom, I have to play (tuba) at the girl’s basketball game afterschool and I don’t know what time but can you pick me up?

Mom, I need to make a thing out of popsicle sticks by Thursday.  I dunno, maybe buy a 1,000?

Mom, that’s not my toothbrush!

Mom, is baton tonight?

Mom, can you drive me to school?

Mom, there’s a phone message for Dad.

Mom, you just got a text.

Mom, can you please help me open this?

Mom, how do we know how much data usage we have left?

Mom, why can’t we have DirectTV so we can have AMC?

Mom, where’s my ‘Move’ t-shirt?

Mom, can we have music on?

Mom, we still need to get Rumor Has It!

Mom, are you coming to the Fun Run today?

Mom, what do you think the cats should eat for lunch?

Mom, I need a new sweatshirt that has no words or designs on it and is exactly the same color as the one I had before and, no, it can’t be anything even slightly different so, yes, you need to go to every store in our town today and find one that I will accept. 

(Not exactly verbatim but the general message.)

And that must be where my time goes!

5 comments:

  1. I think I could guess who asked what for the most of them. Very funny, except when you are MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I could guess who asked what for the most of them. Very funny, except when you are MOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mom-both times! Too bad the Grands aren't closer, they could help with some of those issues. I was so fortunate to have them so close. Actually, I STILL am fortunate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I even forgot one of the biggies that morning: Mom, I have a bloody nose! (Caroline) Having the grands and aunts near would be wonderful. That's the bummer about moving away from home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trust me, one day you'll miss hearing, "mom, I need..." a thousand times a day! Hard to believe it now, but you're in the middle of the best times of your life!

    ReplyDelete