Monday, October 1, 2012

Saturday Evening Excitement

DSC09772

Saturday night, I was chauffeur for this cutie couple going to Homecoming, Katherine and Jack.  

DSC09780

They met up at the library park (sounds romantically familiar!) for pictures and then went out to eat for a special meal of their choosing (at Fazoli’s ?!) with the group of friends you see here. 

  DSC09777

Then they went for Cold Stone ice cream, then on to the dance.  I don’t think Jack realized how envious other boys might have been of him.  Aren’t these girls cute?!  And yes, he was the only boy in their group. 

  DSC09785

I loved seeing all the dresses and hairdos and shoes.  Crazy shoes!  These girls are all Freshmen and they were smart to wear ones they could walk in.  You could kinda tell the year in school by how crazy tall the shoes and how crazy short the dress.  Let’s just say Seniors were looking pretty extreme. 

I learned the one dresses are called high-low dresses.  The fabrics were just gorgeous in real life.  So fun!  Caroline desperately wanted to tag along and Jack firmly said NO!!  Girl would have loved seeing all the fashion.

It was over at 11pm but Jack was home by 10:30. Not because they weren’t having a great time, but because he wanted to “beat the crowd.” When is my boy not going to be such a sensible thinker?

When did my boy get so handsome?  Well, actually, I know. From Day 1.

DSC09778

3 comments:

  1. How fun! They all looked so nice. "Wanted to beat the crowd". That sounds very familiar, like 3 generations now. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! They all looked so nice. "Wanted to beat the crowd". That sounds very familiar, like 3 generations now. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No kidding! : ) I was thinking the same thing! I would have eeked out every second of fun I could have. When the girls suggested the ice cream, he said "no, that's too expensive." I had to tell him it was ok to do, considering it was a special night. He still didn't have any but at least went along.

    ReplyDelete