Monday, April 22, 2013

Catching Up

I was just downloading some pictures and realized lots of things have been happening and some day, like next month, I’ll probably have no memory of most of it, so I better document.

We had lots of water last week.  More than we’d ever had in the three years we’ve lived here.  Goshen Road was underwater at the bend and the bus couldn’t make the regular route so it really complicated getting the kids to school and back home for a few days.  It actually got over the road completely at the bridge.  I took these pictures before it peaked. 

road flood

Anywho, it was big water. 

This is the easement on Thursday night.  We got the canoe out. 

IMG_0109 IMG_0115

This is just a handful of days after we worked to dig a few ditches to help drain water out of the woods.  Irony, huh?

I may or may not have gotten wet when trying to exit the canoe, experiencing the classic legs-spreading-apart with one foot on the bank and one foot left in the boat to the point of having to fall in.  My most favorite kind of funny video is not so amusing when the old lady is me and Gary is yelling “Bring your legs together” and the muscles just won’t do it anymore. 

Plus, we had just seen a giant snapping turtle. 

And this is at the easement on Saturday.  You would never imagine the temperature was just 53 degrees was since these yahoos were soaked from playing and swimming around in it. 

pasture

Isn’t this like a Bigfoot sighting picture?  haha

sis in flood happy   sam throwing water

playing in the flood water

It was a beautiful day.  See what I mean?

photo 

And just a few days after having snow flurries.  This year’s weather has been so crazy, but it seems to me to be more than just this year.  Just especially crazy lately with highs of 80s and then freezing the next day. 

Here’s Tex sunning in the Gator.gatorjack   paul gary canoe

We got the canoe out again and this is our neighbor Paul with Gary. 

All this was later in the day after the two oldest went on a 15 mile bike ride with Gary and the other scouts, and the two littlest kids went to the zoo with Ross.  What did all-alone Mom do? 

Hit a couple yard sales and then went to Zumba, a perfect Saturday morning if you ask me.

DSC09818 DSC09825 

caroline at zoo

IMG_3978 

This was taken at the Arts Center in town earlier this month.  Exactly the kind of thing I don’t want to ever forget!  Sam’s artwork was chosen as a featured student and we were invited to view it at the gallery.  Soo cool, huh?!  We were so proud of him. 

sam art show

  photo 2

[Wish I had a shot without the reflections in the glass.] 

It was done with oil pastels and water colors.  It reminded me of when I got Grant oil pastels for Christmas one year because he was making such great artwork. 

Speaking of Grant, no recent pics of him.  He was laid up sick for several days this past week, but getting better every day.  He can’t wait to get caught up on his hair cut.

1 comment:

  1. This was a fun post! I love all of the pics! Are you sure you guys want to move back into town? Looks like everyone's having fun in the woods... Hey Ross, will you take me to the zoo sometime this summer? Grant, I hope that you're feeling better by now... :-)

    ReplyDelete