Wednesday, April 10, 2013

To those of you making this possible, I send my love and gratitude

Right now this is where I am, soaking in the warmth of the sun rays and drinking in all that delicious blue.

So far today I have had a nap, read a book, enjoyed a quiet, delicious lunch, and now am sitting in the sun, just because I want to. A true vacation for me and I am loving every minute.

I think I love this state, the geography and weather anyway. I've only been to two areas of it in all my life, but the breezy air, the flowers, the strange (to me) trees, the views, the water, are all so wonderful. I'd someday like to see the whole length of it--what some 800 miles? Should be doable, but I first said that same thing how many years ago in 1989. Someday, though.

Yesterday as I looked down out of the plane window at the most incredible cloud displays, heard the different languages, saw ships in the bay as big as my hometown, and viewed the magnificent, varying terrains across this country, I was reminded that I am just a tiny speck on this planet. Tiny!

Somehow, that is such a comforting thought to me right now.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you were able to enjoy a few days in paradise, and I hope you get to take that south-border-to-north-border west coast trip someday soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete