Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It’s been such a lonnng tiiime (you have to say it like Boston sings it)

 

Well, well, well…she’s back at the blog.  Maybe.  It feels weird and I don’t even know how to get started again but I want to.  This is so crazy since it used to be a huge chore to even post a paragraph, let alone pictures, with country internet and I stuck with it then.  Now we have the speediest internet anytime around the clock and my camera is in my phone which is pretty much always near me and all I have to do is tap my finger on a total of two squares and there’s a post with a picture right there published for the world to see easy as that.  Which would lead you to think I would blog more, but.

Honestly, I think it was that life in general was getting too… whatever… and I really had no energy or want to share how rough that time was.  But now I am optimistic the worst is behind us and this will be a great year and I need to enjoy and acknowledge what each day brings even if it is just a regular nothing-special day.  When I look back to old posts I am really glad I included whatever nonsense I did that was happening at that time.  It’s fun to remember fun things, but also good to remember the good and just average things. 

And can I also blame the situation of photo storage?  I have to admit it, I am lost now when I sit at the pc.  Pictures used to be under my control.  I plugged in a cord to the computer directly from my camera and made a folder for whatever month it was, called it Oct, and that was further organized by the year and that’s where my pictures went.  I knew exactly where they were. 

Now showing up, there’s places called:

  • Pictures
  • My pictures
  • iPhone photos
  • iPod photo cache
  • iCloud photos
  • iPhone keepers
  • Photo database
  • Apple photo
  • Photo stream

So, yeah.  It’s crazy.   But my goal for today is to grab a few of the past pictures from wherever that were worthy in 2013 and didn’t get blogged and then I’ll be done for today.  And hopefully encouraged to do a little more tomorrow. 

IMG_0042

Don’t recall the occasions but Jack is happy in camo and apparently let me take his picture two different times~ bet at least once was squirrel or coon huntingIMG_0044

Kids’ rooms at RosewoodIMG_0070, just for the memoriesIMG_0072 

IMG_0080

A sunrise at Rosewood, to reDSC09816mind ourselves it wasn’t all bad

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Although much of it was…

IMG_1919 IMG_1946

But lots of good times with the kids here and thereIMG_1844IMG_1787

IMG_1921IMG_1785IMG_1838       IMG_1345  IMG_2107IMG_2195IMG_2069IMG_2367IMG_2113 IMG_2192

Said goodbye to an old eggplant friend and made a new green one

IMG_2158 IMG_2245

Moved into the house of our dreams, finally!  IMG_2178

Witnessed the world’s largest fake potato coming through our own little town

IMG_2209 

IMG_2045Had some fun in St Louis with the Cards and experiencing the fattest bacon sandwich I could ever imagine and this was just half of it, at Crown Candy Kitchen.  Can you even believe that?!

  IMG_2462

I think I’ll end this on a good note right there. 

See ya tomorrow!

1 comment: