Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Day#352

So, our fancy San Antonio trip is coming up very soon and I had planned for weeks on wearing shoes and a dress I already had in the closet. But funny how a 12 year old girl can rob you of your self- confidence with three little words-- you're wearing that?!

Gary got his new suit, so I figured maybe I should step it up and find a nice dress. I can not even tell you how many hours went into finding shoes, jewelry, and the dern dress but let's say I worked hard at it. And how nice is it to be able to snap a pic these days to help you keep track of what fit and what you liked. These were a couple of the contenders, but I didn't go with either. I'm sure you will eventually see the winner in pics from our trip-- it's purple.

[I remember going shopping with sis Karen in a little shop in Flora, looking for a dress to wear to a wedding, and it was apparent we had really different shopping styles. I feel like I have to amass every single option available and try on and compare and re-try on, and I think she's more of a speed shopper, i.e. take-the-first-available. Sometimes I think my way is a curse.]

4 comments:

  1. Um,I think I lost my mind with the dang numbers again. This was supposed to be Day# 362.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um,I think I lost my mind with the dang numbers again. This was supposed to be Day# 362.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, shopping with Karen is like a sprint, not a marathon. And she really likes flannel...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, I like the black & white dress best, but both are cute!

    ReplyDelete