Monday, February 4, 2013

MovieMonday—Silver Linings Playbook

Hey, guess what?  We actually went to a movie yesterday!  “Went!”  As in pay at the movie theatre (except we had free tickets). AND we bought a large popcorn and a bucket of Coke to share and it was romantic and enjoyable.   I really can’t remember what the last movie was that we did that but it might have been Oceans 11?! 

2001. ?  Surely not.  But maybe?  It’s been a long time.

But we did go and we saw Silver Linings Playbook and both liked it.  I stayed wide awake! We were feeling like the youngsters in the theatre (the audience at 1:30pm on a Sunday was coming in with walkers and I am not kidding), and we both were expecting comedy. 

Whoa, it was not comedy.  

It had some moments to make you laugh, but mostly it was dramatic and uncomfortable but completely drew us in, bringing you the realization early on how not normal everyone really is, diagnosis or not. 

There’s some rough language (one foursome left the movie theatre) and a couple of violent scenes that made me cover the eyes, but it was such an unexpected story with a realistic look into another family’s home and the quirky characters and mental illness that, I don’t know, I just liked it. 

1 comment:

  1. Ok, I haven't seen the movie yet, so I don't even know why I started reading this post. I stopped half-way through... I called my own "spoiler-alert." I can't wait to go see the movie!

    ReplyDelete