Thursday, February 14, 2013

Smells Great Day

Earlier this week I was at the grocery store, AS USUAL, I swear. Well, they've finally finished the big remodel and moved the floral department to right at the front door. I walked in, breathed, and about fainted from the wonderful smell. It made me thisclose to buying myself flowers that day so that I could just bury my nose right in them until I feel asleep that night. But I resisted, because you know, they aren't free.

Then today I popped in the store again to buy five pounds of strawberries for the chocolate fountain at Sam's Valentines' party today (I know! That was not included in 2nd grade in the 70's) and there it was again, that intoxicating scent of fresh flowers. I inhaled once as deeply as I could and walked hard right past those beautiful bouquets so I could get on to the strawberries and away from the temptation.

So that's been my Valentines' Day so far.

Tonight Gary comes home from a work trip and we'll celebrate by taking the fam to Jack's band concert tonight.

Sa-weeet!

Happy V-day to all!

9 comments:

  1. Should have purchased them! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Danielle! I just found I can reply in the comments on this phone!!! Excitement! Thanks for the 'deserving'. I think I do too, so why does the spending the money prevent me from enjoying them? Warped thinking?

      Delete
  2. I, for one, love your life! It's hard sometimes from your perspective to see it, but you have it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb! I do realize I am a fortunate girl. : ) A weekend as you, though, would totally rock!

      Delete
    2. We're overdue for some adult-time together!

      Delete
    3. Springtime would be a lovely time, Debra, for this get-together! I *need* a change of scenery and some Ikea and adventurous food and quiet relaxation and loud laughs and I definitely think you can provide it all.

      Delete
  3. You know, even today when they're half off I just can't do it. I picked them up and then put them back down. The curse of being a mom I guess---I would have had no trouble with this pre-family. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the same type of thinking that keeps you wearing nursing camisoles for a year and half after you've stopped nursing.

    ReplyDelete