Friday, February 28, 2014

Beanie Meaning

Caroline said she would like to have a beanie to wear.  But she said it with a straight face.  I could never imagine her wanting or wearing one.  I asked, “Do you know what a beanie is?”

She said, “Yes. A hat.”

Well, I’ll be darned, she does know what a beanie is.  I still couldn’t imagine why in the world she would say she wanted to wear one, and pretty much said that to her out loud.  Where did my Ms. Fashion go?

She didn’t seem to get why I thought it was ridiculous at all.

So I googled beanie images to prove to her that she in fact did not want a beanie.  And much to my surprise, apparently the current definition of beanie is much different than I when I was a ten year old girl.  When did this happen?!  I had to scroll through eight pages of “sock caps” to finally find it. 

 

 beanie11 beanie10  beanie8 beanie7 beanie6 beanie5 beanie4   beanie 1

FINALLY!

Whew, I’m not totally crazy.

 

1 comment: