Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Traditions

I really want to be active here, I just don’t find it as easy as I used to.  Not sure why.  Taking pictures has never been easier.  Same with uploading words.  So today I was determined to be inspired by something.  I scrolled through some of my recent phone pictures and these are the ones that kinda stood out as having a theme. 

This is the purple toy store that we spent hours and hours in when Jack and Grant were little and obsessed with trains.  The store renamed and moved last year after a big community effort raised funds to keep it alive, and now the original building is in a state of being torn down (but maybe not completely?).   I don’t know what’s going on with it, but it sorta makes you sad to see it since it used to be such a super fun building and a great place to be.   

IMG_3081 

Internet pictures of how it used to be:

Which reminds me of how they used to be: 

Copy of DSC05172--

And this was even long after their train/toy store days.  I wish digital photography started in 1998 so all my kids’ pictures would be right here on the computer and I could just grab one from when Jack was three and Grant was one and standing at the train tables until I would smell Grant’s dirty diaper.  Every time, I swear. 

A tradition that use to be.

So here’s an ongoing tradition.  When we have cinnamon rolls, we always make one into a ghost.  And who will be the lucky one to get the ghost?  First kid to pick.  Seems like it’s Sam a lot these days.

 IMG_3088 IMG_3086IMG_3089

And another ongoing tradition is the home barber.  It’s all at-home haircuts for the male members of this family.  Luckily, us two girls get to go to the beauty shop for ours.  But I know I wouldn’t have to… if I wanted a buzz.

IMG_3109

2 comments:

  1. At first glance I thought Gary was wearing a barber's jacket. I thought, "Man, the Gills take their home haircuts really seriously!" haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like that, Danielle! I think I maybe just got a birthday present idea. Forget you read this, Gary.

    ReplyDelete