Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Sunshiney Spring

The best parts of Spring:
Warmth of the sun
Greeness of the green
Scent of the lilac

I have been cutting lilacs daily to keep on my kitchen counter. Their  smell is just intoxicating to me as is lily of the valley, peonies, some roses, honeysuckle, and hyacinth.  I know these smells don't appeal to everyone (none of the kids or Gary have this positive reaction) but it's hard for me to understand that since it's such an incredibly good thing when those chemicals hit my brain. I have loved those flowers my whole life. 

I should have learned my lesson that different people have different sensory responses when Grant said he did not like the taste of watermelon or strawberries.  I would not/could not accept that because omg there isn't much else on Earth as delicious (to me), until I watched his physical reaction when I made him eat them. Not pretty. 

I'd be good with my lilac bush blooming year round.  

No comments:

Post a Comment