Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Some of the things I am thankful for....





Sam actually stood in place during his Thanksgiving program at preschool.





















And not only did he stand in place, he did what he was supposed to do.

























I am thankful for all the times I have heard his little voice singing Turkey Dinner, Turkey Dinner this month. He even does it with accompanying arm movements.


Turkey dinner, turkey dinner.

Gather 'round, gather 'round.

Who will get the frumfrick?

Who will get the frumfrick?

All sit down, all sit down.



Cornbread muffin, chestnut stuffin'.

Puddin' pie, one foot high.

(except here Sam inserts one mile high and laughs his head off)

We were so much thinner before we came to dinner.

Me oh my, me oh my.


I am so thankful for his wonderful teacher, Mrs. Mills.










Sam is thankful for his friends, especially Sauce, aka Josh.



On the day of his program, Sam wanted hair like his friend Mattox.








Mattox has blonde curls in a 100% true mohawk, talking no faux hawk. Mattox is to the left of Josh above, but, unfortunately, you can't see his hair.




So we did the best we could. Sam went up to his teacher as soon as he walked in and asked, "Does my hair look different?"

After he put on his pilgrim hat, he asked her again, "Does my hair still look different?" She was cracking up.

I am thankful for my SamSurpriseBaby even though having the four kids in six years has left most of that time as only a blur in my and Gary's minds. But jeeze, we couldn't imagine us being us without all of the crazy yahoos.
I really was so proud of him this day.























I am thankful that these kids like to be around each other, at least most of the time.








I am thankful for the beautiful weather we have enjoyed this month. These shots are actually from Thanksgiving Day, November 26. It was beautiful out!



















I am thankful for Gary, and his job that lets me be able to stay home and do all the housewifery. And let's not forget the health insurance. Love you, Boeing!


I am thankful for the spread of food we enjoyed Thanksgiving Day, and every day for that matter.


I am thankful Gary isn't as psycho with a knife as he looks in that picture.







I am thankful for my little girlie girl.


































And all the giggles these two share on a daily basis.



























I am thankful that Grant loves his milk and now is back to liking pizza. I am thankful he will wear his glasses and retainers with no complaints.





















I am thankful for how Sam has wonderful big brothers to look up to.
{And let me also say, I am thankful you all don't mind my lack of grammatical correctness. Or maybe it bugs you to death, but you never complain and I thank you. I am aware; I just like to ignore the stuffy English rules. It keeps me happier that way.}

Even though Jack won't ever cooperate for a nice picture, he's sure to jump in someone else's. I would be more thankful if I actually had a nice picture of him every once in awhile.
My mom was here during the week of Thanksgiving and I am thankful for that time together.















I am thankful for my parents.

And that we weren't all killed by a big black bull.











And of course I am highly thankful for our own family unit.








Not sure I can pair this picture with something I am thankful for, but I guess I can say I am thankful this beast can make the rest of the family unit all so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment