Thursday, April 26, 2012

Fried Rotten Apple

I have a dead iPod.  Not as in 'out of battery' but as in totally won't work.  I can't remember just what year it was given to me as the best present ever, but so many years ago, I can't really remember when.  I love/loved that thing!  I have slept with it playing in my ears many, many nights.  It's gone with me on countless walks and runs.  It's overflowing with all my favorite songs.  Precious!  I already miss it like crazy.  It had been acting up for a couple of years but I could, with patience, still use it.  Now it's just fried, and won't do anything at all, dead except for the apple symbol that somehow still lights up to appear on the screen. 

Now I have to lie in bed and listen to the radio that is set at Z107.7, i.e.  repetitive pop, and it's horrible. 

Miss you, iPod!

7 comments:

  1. He must've! The morning we drove down to see him, it was working after two days of totally dead. (Actually it started up before we drove down, and I can't figure out why. It won't hold a charge for long but it will play awhile!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see if the Genius Bar will look at it for free at the Galleria Apple Store. Although, if it's something that needs fixed - it's probably costly.

    Might I suggest....

    http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/

    They're awesome. It has a touch screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus you can wear it as a watch! You'll never lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops..

    Here is the picture that was supposed to go with that....

    http://www.yankodesign.com/images/design_news/2010/11/15/nano_watch2.jpg

    Ok - I'm going back to studying now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'll take it!
    Um, the watch one might be a problem because I don't take off my watches. Ever. On me for sleeping, swimming, in the shower. Not sure it could survive all that. I think it would end up as a Fried Apple, too.

    ReplyDelete