Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day#110

The hundred dollar tree

I went into Kohl's with a deal for $5 free towards anything in the store.  I thought I'd pick up a new pair of socks, because you know *practical*, but spotted a tall box among the clearanced household stuff.  I didn't really notice it was a Christmas decoration at the time, but did notice it was LED lights and was 90% off.  That sounded cool so I picked it up and carried it around the store, just in case I found something even cooler.  I of course didn't, so I ended up at the checkout with the decorative fake light up tree that was originally priced at $99.99.  I figured it must *really* be some extra impressive fake decorative light up tree to run that much, so I felt pretty smug walking out the door with it for only $5 after I used my $5 free towards it.  

I took it home, slid it out of the box and was pretty disappointedly amazed how plastic-y it felt and looked.  The kids pointed out (well, actually it was Grant OF COURSE) that having the fake snow on the underside of the branches really didn't make it seem realistic at all.  But it did illuminate and I used it as a four foot tall night light a couple nights which then I decided was kinda a crazy use.  So now it's packed back into the box and in the storage area along with other Christmas decorations.  We'll see what we think of the hundred dollar tree next December.  

There is no way anyone should have ever paid that for this. I'd say $5-$10 max.  




No comments:

Post a Comment