Monday, March 22, 2010

Circus Sam

March10 001

Last Thursday, I snapped this picture during Sam’s practice run for the YMCA preschool circus held on Friday night.  I was fairly confident that he would actually do it that night, but just in case…, at least I would have one picture. 

He was given his choice of acts in which to participate.  Last year he was a cowboy,cowboy sam crand this year a daredevil.  Or as he says it, a daredebble

The YMCA Preschool circus is a long-standing tradition in this town.  This year’s was the 45th annual.  Here is Caroline in 2007, a tightrope walker:DSC02656 caroline as tightroper2 

and a cowgirl in 2008:   DSC01300  caroline cowgirl 2008

She didn’t like wearing her bandana in the traditional sense so she fashioned a belt out of it. 

And Grant was in the circus in 2005:P4070117 Geez, all these memories!  THIS is why I blog and take pictures at every chance.  It keeps it all just so right here in my brain.  I know there’s those that can do this naturally, I am not that fortunate, and my brain requires the photographic boost. 

Here below Sam gets a good luck hug from Sis.  Doesn’t he look like he might never see her again?   Look at their grips. 

Ahhhh, I think I just may have a precious photo here. 

March10 035

But never fear, in the next instant, the Daredebble is back, full of cocky confidence and ready to rock!  And roll!March10 036 March10 037 Here’s Sauce as a tiger! 

They first paraded in front of a full, full gymnasium of family and friends, and then gave us an hour of sheer entertainment.March10 038 March10 039 March10 041 March10 043 The circus went off without a hitch and afterward, the kids played around some and celebrated the fun night.   March10 048 March10 050

March10 052

In case you were wishing you were there, here’s a short clip of the entrance.  After that, I handed the camera to Grant to film since he had a more open view.  And I do not know how to edit videos yet, so bear with us. 

Here is a not-so-short clip of Sam’s performance.   Just keep an eye out for the only green Big Wheel.  That’s our Sam.  Too bad I wasn’t filming when he tussled with two other boys to get the green one.  He may be scrawny, but he gets what he wants.  Except at the end when he wants to add in his own tightrope act.  Just watch.

P.S.  This large-haired clown, Bubbles, aka Petunia, is the lovely Mrs. Mills, Sam’s teacher that I adore.

 

And then afterward….

1 comment:

  1. Wonder why 微笑每一天 had no comment on the Chinese New Year post?? Wouldn't that have made more sense? : )

    ReplyDelete