Saturday, March 6, 2010

Happy Chinese New Year!

 

Last week (oops, two weeks ago now, since I left this sitting in the Drafts file instead of publishing), Sam learned all about Chinese New Year at preschool. 

I was the helper one day.  Interestingly, he was the only kid that insisted his paper be oriented “landscape.”   Not that he said those words, but he insisted it go this way...

100_1908

You know, my very favorite words to hear are:

“I’m ok with that,” coming from his teacher.  It is such a relief to know she is flexible and totally accepting of Sam and all his quirks.  But, yikes, what will it be like next year in kindergarten?  Mrs. Mills just needs to follow us.

So, anywho, last week Sam was to wear yellow, red, and black.  By Thursday, he demanded to know,  “Mom, why do you always make me wear red?!”

Thursday, he picked his own ensemble.  I’m thinking it’s a little, I don’t know,

cat burglar?feb '10 008 After school, I wanted him to show just what he did during the celebration and parade.  This was about all he could muster. 

feb '10 010

 

P.S.  This was taken last month during the gymnastics portion of preschool. 

I just really liked this picture!

DSCF5651

And, dang, the kid’s right, there’s the red.

1 comment: