Friday, June 17, 2011

Déjà Vu View

I think this is the third post like this.  The ones where there’s something in the house that makes me think it’s something else and I have to do a double take every time I go by until I just undo whatever it is and put an end to the mind games.  I’m sure having peripheral vision is a good thing but sometimes, geesh, it freaks me out.

One was Sam’s muscleman costume hanging half out of the laundry chute and I kept thinking all day those legs hanging down were really one of the kids taking fun ride down, never mind that that Walton house crazy laundry chute opening was three inches wide.  The other thing was some doll we’d washed or something and propped up in the bathtub and for like a day, I momentarily thought there was really a kid in the bathtub each time I walked by. 

This was the latest, Caroline’s pillow with the face of a girl…every time I walked into my own bedroom, my eyes would catch a glimpse and I’d think it was really someone in her bed.  I think the ruffled covers cinched it.  

  may 11 003

may 11 002

Big smiles here today.  It’s Ms. Girl’s 8th birthday and we are gonna have a good time.  Busy, busy day today and tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment