Thursday, June 2, 2011

Papers that Made Me Chuckle

The kids all brought home like a truckload of school papers on the last day of school.

may 11 004

Here’s one of Grant’s 5th grade papers.  Despite the dramatic changes in the times, there’s still boys’ school papers with doodles of military equipment engaged in warfare on them.  I know Jack’s papers used to have them.  And I’m willing to bet $1000 Gary’s papers had them in the 1970’s.  Shoot, my Uncle Mike’s notebooks from the 1950’s had them—I saw them at my grandma’s house when I was a kid.

The classic plane-bombing-a-tank:

  may 11 005

This was spotted in Sam’s kindergarten journal even. 

may 11 028

Not sure what equipment this really is, but a tank possibly?  It has wheels and a driver and most importantly, big shooting guns.

---------------------------------------------------------------

This was a crack up, too.  Caroline’s 4th quarter goals:

 may 11 011

1) Work on penmanship

2) Take my time

3)  Stay out of lala land. 

 

Here’s her year-end thank you note to her teacher, and, oh, the irony:

  may 11 012

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is Sam’s journal entry about President Lincoln.  He’s got such a light touch with the pencil so it’s almost impossible to see, but this is what it says: 

2-18-11   Abe Lincoln was our 16th President. 

may 11 026

It was actually the illustration that cracked me up.

  may 11 027

Here’s more of Sam’s daily journal.  Some days the teacher gave them prompts.  This one, How do you exercise?

may 11 022

His answer:  Jimnasstix

 

What’s your favorite vegetable?  (answered by the kid who eats virtually no vegetable)

may 11 024

Orange

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And from Caroline who apparently still is plagued by Bieber Fever.

may 11 029

I graduate in the year:  2011

My favorite book:  Justin Bieber His World

My favorite lunch:  Justin Bieber mac and cheese

My favorite animal:  Justin Bieber

My favorite subject:  drawing Justin Bieber

My favorite sport:  swimming with Justin Bieber

My favorite project:  coloring Justin Bieber

-----------------------------------------------------------------

And this was among Jack’s stuff.  Cool!  Don’t you think everyone should make one of these?

may 11 072

may 11 072

may 11 072

3 comments:

  1. I do like the timeline. That was cool. All of these were really good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Jack's timeline - Of all the life changing events of his life, he never mentioned the diabetes. That says a lot. I still hate that he has to deal with this every minute of his life. Hope today will change things for him. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's Justice Beaver?

    ...Jimnasstix. ...Orange. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete