Monday, September 19, 2011

MovieMonday—Dumb & Dumber

Guess what we watched yesterday, a movie within my Top 5 All Time Faves!  If I had more time to think on it, I might even move it up into the Top 3, but I don’t think I want to get that bold on a Monday morning without pondering it thoroughly.  Here are just a few reasons why I love it and it makes me laugh so hard.

dumb and dumber 

Sorry if you are not a fan.  This will seem like a big waste of space to you, but au contraire.

I think it means you need to watch it again and catch all of these.

d & d lloyd

Harry: Hi, Lloyd.
Lloyd: Hi, Harry.
Harry: How was your day?
Lloyd: Not bad. Fell off the jet way again.

 

Harry: It gets worse. My parakeet, Petey.
Lloyd: Yeah?
Harry: He's dead.
Lloyd: Oh, man, I'm sorry. What happened?
Harry: His head fell off.
Lloyd: His head fell off?
Harry: Yeah. He was pretty old.

Harry: Skis, huh?
Beth: That's right!
Harry: Great! They yours?
Beth: Uh-huh.
Harry: Both of 'em?
Beth: Yes.
Harry: Ah... cool

 

d & d tubHarry: I don't know, Lloyd. These places always seem to bring back a lot of bad memories.
Lloyd: What's the matter, Har? Some little filly break your heart?
Harry: No, it was a girl.

 

Harry: Yeah, I called her up. She gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something. I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention.

 

Harry: According to the map, we've only gone 4 inches.

d & d hog

State Trooper: Pull over! Harry: No, it's a cardigan but thanks for noticing.

Harry: What's her last name? I'll look it up.
Lloyd: You know, I don't really recall. Starts with an S! Let's see. Swim? Swammi? Slippy? Slappy? Swenson? Swanson?
Harry: Maybe it's on the briefcase.
Lloyd: Oh, yeah! It's right here.
Lloyd: Samsonite! I was way off! I knew it started with an S, though.

 

d & d muttcuttMan: They're driving an '84... Sheepdog.

Lloyd: Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?

^^Gary’s favorite line and sound to imitate and it is truly the most annoying sound in the world, probably universe.  Thanks, Jim Carrey.

d & d driving

Lloyd: [to motorcycle cop] Tic-Tac, sir?

 

Harry: (learning Lloyd traded the van for a minibike) Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this... and totally redeem yourself!

 

Lloyd: I get 70 miles to the gallon on this hog.
d & d hog 2

Lloyd: [after getting off the minibike with Harry frozen to his back] Got a little nippy going through the pass, huh, Har?

d & d icy ride

Harry: [shivering] Lloyd, I can't feel my fingers, they're numb!
Lloyd: Oh well here, take this extra pair of gloves, my hands are starting to get a little sweaty.
Harry: Extra gloves? You've had extra gloves this whole time?
Lloyd: Uh yeah, we are in the Rockies. Jeez!

Lloyd: [Harry is choking him barehanded on a picnic table in Aspen] Harry, your hands are freezing.

  

Lloyd: I want to ask you a question... straight out, flat out... and I want you to give me an honest answer. What do you think the chances of a guy like you and a girl like me... ending up together?
Mary: Well Lloyd... that's difficult to say... you really don't...
Lloyd: Hit me! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. The least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?
Mary: Not good.
Lloyd: [Gulps] You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?
Mary: I'd say more like... one out of a million.
Lloyd: So you're telling me there's a chance. Yeah!

 

 d & d lambod & d tuxes

Lloyd: Listen, Mr. Samsonite, about the briefcase, my friend Harry and I have every intention of fully reimbursing you.
Nicholas Andre: Open it up. Open it up!
Lloyd: [Motioning to Mary] Go ahead, open it up. Do what he says. Hurry.
Nicholas Andre: What is this? What is this? Where's all the money?
Lloyd: That's as good as money, sir. Those are I.O.U.'s. Go ahead and add it up, every cent's accounted for. Look, see this? That's a car. 275 thou. Might wanna hang onto that one.


d & d hair

Lloyd: [a large bus full of gorgeous women in bikinis pull up beside them and three step out]
Bikini Girl: Hi guys. We're going on a national bikini tour, and we're looking for two oil boys who can grease us up before each competition.
Harry: You are in luck! There's a town about three miles that way. I'm sure you'll find a couple guys there.
Bikini Girl: [baffled] Okay, thanks.
[the doors close and the bus drives off. After a second, Lloyd turns to Harry]
Lloyd: Do you realize what you've done?!!
[they run after the bus]
Lloyd: HEY! HEY!
Harry: Lloyd! Lloyd!
[the bus stops and opens the doors]
Lloyd: [panting] You'll have to excuse my friend. He's a little slow. The town is back *that* way.

THE END

P.S.d & d frosty tongueHonestly, I can’t even discuss this scene because I can’t actually stand to watch it.  Notice you see no actual painful-looking tongue/frost/sticking situation in this thoughtfully selected photo.  I’m sure it’s an equally hilarious scene as the rest of this spectacular film, but it’s just too gut wrenching for me. 

  d & d credits     

P.S.S.  BTW, we’re ones who sit in the theatre and watch until the last credit rolls, no matter what kind of movie.  Well, on this one, it’s especially a shame if you don’t and you miss the extra funnies.

1 comment:

  1. You skipped my favorite line...

    "We've got no food. We've got no jobs. OUR PETS' HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!"

    ReplyDelete