Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sam—A Real Piece of Art

 

Sam, the first grader, recently brought this interesting exercise home.  He said they listened to music and each student created a picture that he thought represented what they were hearing.  Sam told me the songs he heard were like:

 

sept 11 021

1)  a ghost in a cage

2)  a ballerina

sept 11 022

3) a floating lollipop

4) a piano floating on water with coconuts falling from the sky.

I like that!  Pretty perceptive, I thought.

----------------------------------------

And this self-portrait was apparently from the start of school as the kids introduced themselves and provided info to get to know each other.  Not saying he has body dysmorphic disorder, but maybe some slight inaccuracy in his body image?  Read on.

sam artwork 003 sam artwork 004

My favorite color:  Green

I love to:  play Lego Indyana Jonse

My favorite animal is a:  dog

My friends like me because I:  donte now

I think I am a:  TAN  PERSON  (????!!!!)

I am pretty good at:  Lego Indyana Jonse.

A tan person.  Really?  Look at this skin tone. 2011-09-13_08.46.40

This is his “tan” at the end of summer.  Those arms and legs, the face-- I’d say he is a GLOWING person.  

And yikes, not sure just what that’s all about, wearing the headband to school, but he does make a statement.  I’m afraid it’s probably “Yes, please, pick on me.”  

And the little yellow sticker on the STOP sign?  The print is so fine from this distance. I’ll read it for you.  It says:

bad headbands now!

-----------------------------------------------

Honestly, raising four kids is exhausting, and expensive, not to mention how you have four times the guilt when you ruin their lives, but in my opinion, the real advantage of having all these kids…. you get at least one full-fledged laugh out loud crack up on a daily basis and that keeps life pretty fun. 

10 comments:

  1. Songs 2 & 4 made me laugh until I had tears rolling down my cheeks. And the "Tan Person" statement and the sweatband? Oh, my gosh. This was just hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scratch that....not song 2, song 1.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking up over here! Tan person, donate now... TOO FUNNY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked. Kinda lost though with the "Donate now," Ross?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally found I can post comments from my phone. I can't from the pc and have no idea why not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I interpreted it as "don't know" not "donate now."

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to be home and be able to keep up with the goings on of the family. What is with the headband? I knew what he meant, with donate now. If the Wii were outside, he might work on his tan. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wonder what music he was listening to?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right, it was "don't know." I think one of the songs was Flight of the Bumblebee but that's all I know. He said none of them had words. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH! I thought it said "donate". I now see that it says "donte" That's too bad. I really thought it was funny that he thought his friends liked him because he donates now.

    ReplyDelete