Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Almost a Freshman

oct 11 043

This pic was taken before Jack took off for Fancy Day at school.  Looking quite dapper, no?

We had a meeting last week about Jack going to high school and we have another one this week with information about choosing his classes and high school graduation requirements and…

Wait.  High school?!  Did someone say high school?

Is this the same kid?  Our first born?  My baby that took so dang long getting born?

 P1010085 

I remember a time like this, back when clothes were actually too big for him.  Not man-sized like now.  Now it’s 32 x 32 jeans, people.  And I have to buy him such unbelievably huge shoes. 

Look.  He used to let me take his picture. 

And he’d actually smile. 

P1010092

What a cutie pie.

P1010019

Yeah, I remember the good old days.  He let me dress him in bad, primary color 90’s toddler outfits (if only I owned a digital camera back then, I would easily prove it to you). He was counting 1 to 10 in Russian at the same time he was learning 1 to 10 in English.  He used to love to smell the spice jars from the kitchen cabinet.  He was Superman for his first Halloween and rolled over for the first time that very night wearing his blue footie pajamas with the homemade felt S.  He would let me pick him up and rock him in my arms for hours.  He would lie on my chest all nuzzled in at my neck and we’d fall asleep together on the couch. 

Yep, I think it’s hitting me.  I’m missing my baby. 

Go away, dumb high school.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sobbing now! Where's the kleenex???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again a special tribute to your first born. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete