Monday, November 21, 2011

MusicMonday—Hot Rocks

Yesterday Gary put on a cd for us to enjoy a little relaxation time together and I was instantly reminded what a good set of tunes it is. 

HotRocks71

Hot Rocks 1964-71 by the Rolling Stones is made up of great song after great song.  I had no idea about the manager/label business that was all going on contributing to this album until reading this on wiki, but regardless of how we got it, whoever had the idea to do this compilation was smart, and the musicians and Mick make my day when I hear these songs.

Sometimes I wish I had been a teenager about fifteen years earlier.  SomeGirls78But I did get my turn with the 70’s and 80’s Stones…when I really was a teenager.  I have such a vivid memory of my cool classmate Kelly Coughlin having this Some Girls album in 1978, with all the wig cut outs.  

It’s hard to pick a fave from Hot Rocks so here’s three and lemme tell ya, it was hard to limit myself to three.  I know the sound quality is all over the place on these old clips, but I like actually watching a live performance video, even if lip synched, rather than just a studio version with a RS lips logo stagnant on the screen. 

I made Gary go see the Stones with me in 1997 because I thought that would be the last of them. Ha ha.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment