Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Diane “Crunch” Gill

Surprisingly, it’s not because of my 6-pack tight abs.

Or because I’m the world’s biggest fan of a certain candy bar.

Nope, but I did manage to crunch my van into a parked Buick LeSabre today.

Not my best moment for sure.  Right outside the school as school was letting out, police cars came with flashing lights and all, my van sitting hooked onto the Buick’s bumper at my back tire, me blocking the street, calling for a tow truck. 

But I am fine.  The other car is ok and the owner lady wasn’t angry in the least.  My van doesn’t have major damage, just a couple sets of long scrapes and a rippled back fender.

I don’t know how I pulled such a stunt.  I’ve driven this same vehicle for five years.  I know how long it is.  How did I even hit this other car, while it was sitting still, parked alongside the street?  I was trying to park, but it wasn’t even a parallel job. 

I don’t even know, but I guess now you can call me Crunch. 

2 comments: