Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Killing Time, Or Else Kill the Computer

Here I am at the computer trying to get our Phoenix vacation planned out and our Internet is not connecting.  So while I am waiting, and even better, to distract myself from wanting to launch the keyboard, monitor, and air card off the roof of this house, I decided to do something fun as I sit here and that involves looking through more recent camera shots that I just haven’t had a chance to post. 

Here’s our guard cats.

apr 12 036

These shots were taken the weekend the boys worked on their Paul Bunyan certification for Scouts.  They had to cut down a tree themselves with an ax, and chop, split, and stack the wood. 

apr 12 012 apr 12 017  apr 12 052

Here you can see the stump of one they fell and this picture was right before Gary swung on the grapevine into the briars wrapping around the standing tree and I laughed my head off.  I really did.  I don’t think that made him feel better about it.  Now I am sorry I laughed so hard but it was so worth it for me for him to get tangled up in those stickers.

Sam wanted to get in on the action.  He’s holding the grape vine.  It was huge!  Even though the boys got through the base of the tree, it was being held up by this grape vine wrapping to another big tree.  That made it a little, where little means lots, scary getting their tree free and down, but it all worked out.

apr 12 051apr 12 057

Then we took a walk to the creek and of course having boots on means he absolutely has to walk in the ditch.

apr 12 060

I love going to the creek as much as the kids.  This is with the water down.

----------------------------------------------------

apr 12 067

Our Spring Break earlier this month was pretty uneventful, but the three of us did go to the zoo one day.  It was very chilly (guess who didn’t bring a jacket and ended up with a new zoo hoodie?), and it was perfect for seeing lots of active animals. 

apr 12 070

The elephants are Sam’s favorite.

apr 12 071   apr 12 079

Caroline’s favorites are the zebras.  They were fighting which made it even more exciting.  But what poor manners.

apr 12 091 apr 12 099 apr 12 101

I’m not sure whose camera these kids were looking into, but apparently it wasn’t mine. 

Now I’m gonna check on the dang Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment