Thursday, February 18, 2016

Ross' 30th birthday in December



We went to Ikea and ate hot dogs and cinnamon rolls and he admired the duvet cover he wanted. Then we went to The Loop and I saw this little nugget of humor at the record store where he bought himself the Green Acres Season something DVDS, and I was mesmerized by the supplies at the art store.  After that I got bad noodles for our next meal but his were good and then we each ate a really excellent cookie, although without a milk.

I was amazed by an adult man in a three piece suit on a what's now called hoverboard navigating over the trolley tracks on Delmar. I filmed a little video of it but probably won't put it up here. 

And we went to a weird used stereo business to see if he could get a record player needle where we were led upstairs by the owner from some foreign nation to this closed-door room filled with of all kinds of dusty piles of stereos, ranging from super nice to junk, and then we got to hear the most magical, unique, expensive old speakers I've ever heard and a bit of the story behind them.  

If I'd had a few thousand dollars I would have bought and given them to Ross for his birthday and maybe then he would have been so astounded by my generosity that he would have given them to me as a thank you.  I swear any music would have sounded beautiful through those.  Sounds strange but it was a very cool experience and maybe we can go back sometime with witnesses.  

No pictures of the speakers or birthday boy exist from that day. As I remember, he was quite unhappy with his previous nights' haircut having a cut-in part that was way too high, and demanded no pictures be taken. 

No comments:

Post a Comment