Thursday, February 18, 2016

San Antonio is lovely in November




Our trip to San Antonio was awhile back, but definitely worth remembering.


Mr. Handsome  -  third from left

Gary's team at work was recognized at a fancy banquet so we were both flown out and put up and fed and entertained, getting to spend the weekend enjoying a little more of Texas like we did in May.


Our hotel and that bright blue sky I love
Here is his new suit and my purple dress. Unfortunately/fortunately?, I spent too much time laying by the hotel pool in the warm sunshine followed by a couple of cocktails to have enough time to properly fix up my hair that night but oh well. The sun and drink was definitely enjoyed and the night was fun, too.  





Our first day there was beautiful, shorts weather but the next day became really windy however, still sunny.  And even better was we knew it was snowing back home.  We took a tour of area missions and our tour guide was named Diane and she was hoot. We saw some really interesting things but my main memory of this day was how badly I had to use the restroom... at an ancient, remote mission. Bathrooms aren't easy to come by and I had to walk a long way to get there and every single step was scaring me.


At the Alamo...again, but that's cool



Sunday's sunset and it's time to fly home
As always, big thank you to the grandparents that came and stayed with the kids so we could travel together. And thanks to Gary for working his tail off and earning a fabulous trip like this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment