Wednesday, December 7, 2011

World’s Worst Toy Ever

I am pretty sure this could be submitted to some website like Why'd You Buy Me That or Worst Stuff Ever but of course, I’ll have to share here.  I took the kids to the local toy store last Friday night while we had an hour to kill before the Muppet movie started.  The store is very hands-on and has hundreds of items throughout the whole store for kids to try out.  It really is a neat store.  We’ve spent so many hours there, especially when Jack and Grant were young and so into Thomas.

It was just Sam and Caroline with me that night and they were going strong playing with everything in sight.  I was strolling through by myself, casually browsing, when Caroline brought something up to me and stated very clearly that it was not a toy she wanted.  Pretty atypical to hear when usually they love the chance to show me all they want for Christmas. 

The “toy” had four metal handles attached to a main center by individual wires.  I automatically grabbed the handle and Caroline flipped something on the center and I got the shock of my life!  Maybe I didn’t play it right since essentially you could get shocked at four different spots if you could touch all four handles at the same time, but it was my first time.  One jolt was really enough.

2011-12-02_19.26.17

I still can’t believe this was a toy for sale, like people would buy it?!  Like kids would play it?!   They had probably fifteen of them on the shelf.  I’m going to go back a month or two following Christmas and I tell you, I will be shocked if they have any fewer.

Ok, I just found this.  See for yourself.  Crazy, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment