Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ninja, daredevil, kook, whatever

Thanks, Karen! Now I feel the need to explain yesterday’s random picture selection… the one of me, on the grass?  Well, give me a fraction of a millisecond and I can post it again since I am on my lightning fast new bloggie best friend.  This feature alone is worth the $800!

Copy of DSC04657Ok, quiz time! 

This would be me:

a.  fallen-down drunk on some super sunny wine-y afternoon while the kids are ….hmm, where are the kids?!

b.  at my hush-hush photo shoot for Vera Wang sunglasses; you know, honestly, I felt I needed to keep it a secret since, down deep, I am a little fearful of fame.

c.  “hanging” on for dear life off the 100 foot Monk’s Mound at Cahokia Mounds last summer on a little family outing, à la Grand Canyon trick photography that apparently didn’t really come through.

Look, I found this shot, too.  Maybe this makes you second-guess your original answer? 

Well, just scroll down and the truth will be revealed. 

DSC04658

Hey, I just discovered a size feature on here!  Too much size?? 

Well, here’s your quiz answer in black blue and white.

DSC04645 No alcohol involved.  I know, you can’t believe it!

Cahokia Mounds are, in fact, near our house and very important historically.  DSC04651 

Check out this view of St. Louis from the top.  And with the combination of past farming and erosion, the mound is not nearly the size it was originally when built by the Mississipians a thousand years ago when this was a huge city.  Vedy, vedy intewesting stuff.  Amazing, really! DSC04662 DSC04640 But, the most memorable part for the kids that day was playing with a baby bird they found with some Hispanic kids that were there having a big party.  My mom was with us this day in May.  Here she’s holding the bird.  Julia, I know you are absolutely freaking out that we are playing with a found bird. 

Goofy pictures seemed to be in the air that day. 

 DSC04661DSC04678

There, that explained it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment