Friday, February 11, 2011

More Snowy Scenes

Ok, honestly, who is getting tired of seeing our snow, snow, snow?  It’s all the pictures we have lately.  It’s all the life we have lately. 

It hasn’t really impacted Scooter’s existence, though.  You can see, he still hangs out on the picnic table just like usual. 

 

feb 11 002

Ross was over one day that we got some new fresh snow and helped us chip ice off the driveway.  Once the work was done, we were all rewarded with some sledding time.

feb 11 008

Man, how I wish this one was actually video.  It’s funny when Mr. Smooth wipes out.  Especially because all he was doing was standing and about to step onto the sled.

feb 11 014 feb 11 015

Hey, even Jack was home and joined in.

 

feb 11 016

Still doing that smart sledding-in-the-woods thing.

 

  feb 11 017

But then we headed to the gas line clearing that you see below, which is a fast hill with wide open space… probably a little safer but I wonder if as much fun.

 

 feb 11 021

Hey, who is that hooded dude?

feb 11 021 

Are you thinkin’ what I am thinkin’?

 

 

unabomber - red hoodie

Uh huh.

  feb 11 025

Sam don’t need no stinkin’ sled.

 feb 11 028

Apparently, neither does Grant.

 

feb 11 023

Next, Sam joined Gary and I on a walk to the creek while the rest of the crew headed back to the house.

  feb 11 037

I just love a creek in the wintertime. 

feb 11 038

I didn’t know, though, if I should laugh or panic if/when Scooter pulled Gary off onto the thin ice.

  feb 11 041

Turned out no need to worry about it.  Scooter was the only one that ended up in the water.  I couldn’t believe he actually went for a swim, intentionally even.  The sun was shining, but it was cooold. 

Scooter = Crazy dog. 

feb 11 046 feb 11 051

Speaking of crazy, here’s Sam crossing a deep gulley by crawling on a ice and snow covered log.  He was yelling at me not to take his picture, but I was impressed! 

  feb 11 052  feb 11 054

He made it! 

feb 11 055

5 comments:

  1. Uh Huh! Great pictures! Wish we could join you for some fun in the snow. Looks like it is going to melt today or in the next few days. Yeah!, but not looking forward to the mud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that the Uni-brow?? Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good pics! Love the close-up of Sam and the Ross/Bomber thing! Very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do NOT have a mustache. But that might be a good look for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny thing about the Sam close-up: he was furious with me for taking pictures of him while he was on the log so as we walked on after that, I just discreetly held the camera down in my hand with him walking behind us, just kinda aiming it, upside down even, in his general way but not knowing if he was even in the view finder. I snapped a single shot and that's the picture I got. I loved it, too.

    ReplyDelete