Monday, October 17, 2011

MusicMonday—Que Lio

el catanteHey, I have a new favorite song.  It’s been our cool down song at Zumba lately and every time I’ve been hearing it, it has just got under my skin more and more.  Last week, I tried to find what it even was called using Sound Hound on my phone, but it couldn’t pick it up well enough in the huge room, I guess, so no success.  Then out in the van, I actually sang in the one phrase I knew from it ~“ayudame”~ and SoundHound right away produced a song title.  Cool!  The resulting song was called “Corazon” and immediately I found it and played it, and quickly realized, nope, it was not the right song.  Apparently, ayudame, Spanish for help me as all of us age-of-Dora parents would know, is not that rare of a lyric.  So then last Friday I simply walked up to the best Zumba teacher in the world, Heather, to ask what it was called and she said some phrase in Spanish that I didn’t quite catch, but it helped that she added the song was a remake by Marc Anthony and from the soundtrack of El Cantante.  With that info, I found my song.  The movie came out in 2007 with Marc Anthony and Jennifer Lopez as the main characters in a life story of Hector Lavoe, then man who started the salsa movement in 1975 and brought it to the United States.

This is all so déjà vu.  Even more, it is almost exactly a year ago that it happened last time. 

marc anthony kohls I am not a fan of Marc Anthony and, not to sound judgmental, but I could never quite understand JLo’s attraction to him or figure just who would buy his line at Kohl’s, but this song…well, it like it a bunch.  I listened to the original by Hector, also, and yeah, Marc’s version of “Que Lio” is the one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment