Tuesday, February 21, 2012

It’s Been a Week

A week since I last posted.  Today is my “free day” of the week so here’s my chance, but I don’t really have a plan on what to say!  But still I want to check in. 

Today for my free day, I will be going to multiple grocery stores to get the best buys and carry in and put away $100+ of groceries.  But first I will wipe out the fridge and pantry shelves that are freed up by having so little stuff in there.  I don’t know why I am telling this.  I guess I think some of this might be interesting in years to come when I want to relive my SAHM days and will peek back at the blog since I really don’t do a handwritten journal anymore.  Big fun I don’t want to ever forget! haha

Caroline will be wearing her Ronald Reagan sandwich board in her school’s parade today at 2:30, so I’ll go to that.  She got the thing done so quickly, as soon as the assignment was given.  When I told Gary that today was when she’d wear it for the Presidents’ Day parade, he was surprised since it was like a month ago that she made it, with help from Grandma Barbara who cut out some paper word clouds to accent the board.

We are just patiently waiting for bids for our house addition.  We’ve had three builders and their subcontractors to take the plans and come out to look everything over.  I really want to know how much we’re talking here to get our big wish list fulfilled (master suite, laundry room/mudroom with bath, reworked kitchen, new great room, two new upstairs bedrooms, two dormers added to upstairs, new basement areas, new garage bay, new front porch, new back door).

Or will we have to scale back?  It would be great if it happens just like we have the architect plans drawn up.  I already love that house!  The one builder we are most hopeful for a reasonable bid on is the one that hasn’t gotten back to us to say if he even wants to bid it.  We saw his work on a three-level addition of a friend’s house and his work is very good and he was half the cost of their other bidders so he’s looking like a top contender for us.  So why won’t he call back?  I didn’t leave my number last message, assuming that he already had it since we’d talked before in the past, so maybe that’s the real reason.

I need to make some phone calls right now.  To that builder and also to schedule Caroline’s orthodontist appointment.  (Mentioned just so I don’t forget all the fun I have on my free days.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment