Friday, July 6, 2012

Fun Time in Bed

I had a lucid dream this morning and just have to share.

I had taken the kids to see some natural landmark, but wasn’t sure where to park.  There was bare ground all around with a river flowing ahead of us.  I pulled up to the edge of the river and decided that would be a good spot.  As we got out and gathered up our backpacks and stuff from the trunk, I noticed the front tires had sunk forward quite a bit into the soft mud.  I worried that if this happened in just the five minutes we’d been sitting there, the van might be completely buried or gone after we came back from hiking this place. 

I debated on how I would get the vehicle out to park it in a new spot, as two more cars had since pulled in next to and kind of behind us.   Never fear, Grant grabs the wheel to help as I’m giving the car gas to reverse slowly and gently to get through this very tight spot between cars.  Considering he is not experienced at driving at all, we smack right into the parked car and it’s immediately apparent from the jolt and the awful noise that we have done major damage. 

I turn to look straight at him, seeing his eyes popping out of his head in fear and sheer panic over his face, and casually smile and say, “Aren’t we so glad this is just a dream?”  And then Grant exhales with relief and regains a calmness and we gun the gas and jerk the wheel and hit the parked car again.

3 comments:

  1. Are you kidding us?!? That seems so like your actual life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just made me giggle, I can just see grant's eye's get big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I know, it seemed so real-life like. I hadn't had a lucid dream in so long so that made it super fun and I was so pumped once I woke up and realized I'd had one. You feel magical. : ) I guess that's the upside of 4 am wake-ups messing with your rem/conscious states.

    ReplyDelete