Monday, July 9, 2012

MusicMonday—The Celestials

Yesterday was a great Sunday.  Let me list the ways:

Woke up, on my own, to the long-missed sound of gentle thunder

Was in a comfy bed at Debra’s, and can I just say, what a homey home she has

Ate a delicious breakfast cooked for me by said hostess which was toast and eggs and strawberries and cherries and Nutella…perfect

Took a wonderful just-right warm shower and dressed in my comfiest/favorite outfit: burnout t-shirt, shorts, sandals, and topped with a fun new beaded yard sale necklace

Drove through a cool neighborhood in Crete, gawking at all the beautiful and, key word -->unique homes with lush, shaded yards

Picked up an Aurelio’s pizza, frozen, that Deb had ordered for Gary and Jack, and bonus!, Aurelio’s provided the insulated carrier free of charge and I didn’t have to buy a cooler that would accommodate a 16-inch pizza

Left my three charming youngest children at their awesome aunt’s for a 3-4 day stay

Drove to IKEA - Bolingbrook and spent the afternoon taking that all in which would include:

Looking at, while dreaming of all the ways to furnish a home with, their cool and reasonable stuff and that took me three and a half enjoyable hours

Picking up a few organizational pieces for purchase, which I view as a taking a baby step to maybe next time buying something kinda big, and then the next time, really big?

Knowing that future visits need to be in a truck or at least a mini-van

Eating Swedish meatballs with mashed potatoes and lingonberries

Wondering why Chicagoland would have two IKEA’s in close proximity while St. Louis has none

Realizing Chicagoland *has* to have two because it was so flipping crowded, I can’t imagine if half the people didn’t go to the other one

Spending way too much time hemming and hawing about a particular rug for the kids’ area in the basement and then coming away with no rug at all but then realizing it was the right choice because it reminded me of a latch hook rug I made in 1978 and that means it looked a bit too yarn-y

Doubting on the drive home the decision to pass on the two outdoor chairs that were in the as-is area with no apparent blemish and at a deal of a price with an additional 20% off, and darn-tootin, they probably would have fit in the car backseat

Driving home on a beautiful summer evening listening to music and having a great time as I watched the sky getting cloudier and darker as I navigated south, giving hope I would come home to desperately needed rain (bummer part is: just an illusion, no rain)

Hearing this song on the radio for the first time and falling for it immediately

The Smashing Pumpkins from new 2012 album Oceania

Being reminded of the whirlwind-in-love days and nights that Gary and I played Smashing Pumpkins cd’s during our courtship and newlywed days of the 90’s

Coming home to hug my almost-birthday boy and freshly scrubbed, shaved, and sweet smelling hubby

What a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds you had a great day. Looks like I will be home by the week- end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are close to coming home!

    ReplyDelete