Wednesday, July 25, 2012

So Guess Who Was Voted Most Likely to Break a Hip?

Today I went to a different Zumba class than I usually do.  I admit it, I haven’t been to a workout in over two weeks.  When my morning was kinda open, I thought I better take the op even if it wasn’t the class I know and love.

I went to the class run by De Lisa and I have earlier described her class as quite different than Heather’s and (now Heather’s replacement)  Nitro’s. Well, let’s just say the *less intense* crowd has found her and it’s probably a good match. 

I was feeling pretty smug signing in on the sign-up sheet right after Clara, Bernice, and Evelyn (and I assure you, I am not making up any names).  I was feeling pretty peppy and hip and young again for once lately when I looked around the room.  I couldn’t help it!  My brain just automatically went to, “Watch out, ladies.” I was gonna show these girls how to dance.

And so I did.  I stretched my legs out longer.  I kicked higher.  I lunged lower.  I moved fast, faster than De Lisa.  I was feeling like Queen of my dance floor corner…

Until that moment when I skidded in some sweat and felt my shoe sliding right out from under me.  I tried to stop the descent.  I caught the floor first with the heel of my right palm but only a millisecond before before my whole body thudded and I was lying right splat down on the floor. 

Yeah, real smooth move.

Delisa, Clara, Bernice, Evelyn and all the others turned and looked at me.  Judging from the raised eyebrows and mouths open in shock, I think I probably did make an impression with my dance.

2 comments: